Rossi's cloak is completed!!

I have finished sewing Rossi's cloak today! Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!
Today is the swimming finals. You know, it can be quite boring sometimes so I decided to sew while watching. I brought along with me my sewing kit and a new determination - to finish sewing Rossi's cloak before swim meet ends!
So there I was, sitting on the steps hot in the morning sun, carefully sewing. Steph said sewing is like 'ah-mah' (grandma). So bad... :( But never mind. I do all these for Rossi ^_^ (haha me and my favourite quote again).
I have finished sewing the first part which is the straight line of the letter 'R' yesterday, so I was left with the most challenging part which is the curve and the slanted line (whatever it is called).
I first started by sewing stitches for the curve part. It is really no easy job. Besides all the noise around was a great distraction. I poked my fingers for quite a number of times, luckily they didn't bleed..phew..But too bad the stitches turned out to be smaller and uglier than yesterday's one. :( but what is done cannot be undone. I can't just pull out all the threads right? So I ignored the thought and continued with my job.
Last night I complained that my fingers hurt due to prolonged holding of the tiny piece of cloth. And today I have figured out a good way to prevent this! I got a piece of paper and cut out a big hole at the middle, about the size of the fabric but smaller. Next I fasten the black fabric on the piece of paper using needles. In this case, I will be holding on to the big piece of paper while sewing instead of the tiny little black cloth. And my fingers will not get numb anymore! ^^
So i continued sewing. Occasionally I did watch the competition and cheer for our class people, especially Liz and Steph, because they are in Blackmore haha..And so I kept on sewing. I had to always stop and think carefully before poking in the needle as the process of sewing is irreversible. Actually it is reversible but it's very troublesome and tedious. I am so short of time so I have to be extremely careful as every mistake is a hazard to Rossi! I also asked for others' opinion and decided whether which way of sewing is the nicest.
With much difficulties, finally I finished sewing the stitches. The letter 'R' looks really like an 'R' and I am sure if you ask some kindergarten kids they definitely will know the answer. Haha..But I scrutinised and stared at it for quite a while, then I noticed it looks kind of weird. It is because some of the stitches are not of the same size. The ones I sewed last night were a bit bigger. Today's ones are nicer as they are smaller and more 'closely packed' to each other, making the letter look compact and solid. But because of the unevenness of thickness, the letter looks a bit weird. A bit only. Then I thought of sewing on some more stitches to the thinner ones but I later changed my mind as this will only make the whole thing look more messy. So I decided to just stick on to its original look. Sigh..Rossi's cloak is fated to look like this. Too bad I can't change its destiny. (what a perfect excuse - said myself. Haha)
I wanted to make a collar for the cloak, like those in old English movies, which the warriors look really cool and smart in. But the problem is, I cut out the fabric too small and there is not much 'margin' left on the top. Too bad so sad. I can't make a cool collar for Rossi's cloak but I can make a cutie one. So i folded down some part at the top and sewed using white thread as the lining of the collar. It is really tiny and looks mismatched, I must say. But no choice..sigh. Actually it looks kinda cute if you look at it from the art perspective. (what a perfect excuse - said myself again. Haha not funny)
At first I thought of sewing on two ribbons so that we can tie the cloak around Rossi's neck. But I could not find any black ribbons and I am NOT going to cut anything from my clothes anymore! So from the remaining fabrics, I just cut out two long strips and sewed them on near the collar. Then I suddenly realised that I don't have the measurements of Rossi's neck! Never mind I will ask Vitoria for it today.
And for the finishing touches, I got this tiny golden bell from a keychain. After I have got Rossi's neck measurement and sewn the tiny strap of the cloak, I am going to add on this cutie-sized bell in the middle of the strap - bright yellow letter on black fabric with white-lined collar plus a shiny golden bell - isn't this cool? Rossi must be so excited!
So I am done with Rossi's cloak, right before swim meet ended, and I even have the chance to watch the synchronised swimming performance! I feel so satisfied, so good! Yay! I am just going to bring my sewing kit to school tomorrow in case of any 'clothing emergency', broken strap or whatever. I really can't believe tomorrow is the competition! I wonder how is our dear Rossi doing? Well I guess he must be busy training for his run now. Go Rossi! Everything is going to be fine ^^ Good luck. We love you <3
Today is the swimming finals. You know, it can be quite boring sometimes so I decided to sew while watching. I brought along with me my sewing kit and a new determination - to finish sewing Rossi's cloak before swim meet ends!
So there I was, sitting on the steps hot in the morning sun, carefully sewing. Steph said sewing is like 'ah-mah' (grandma). So bad... :( But never mind. I do all these for Rossi ^_^ (haha me and my favourite quote again).
I have finished sewing the first part which is the straight line of the letter 'R' yesterday, so I was left with the most challenging part which is the curve and the slanted line (whatever it is called).
I first started by sewing stitches for the curve part. It is really no easy job. Besides all the noise around was a great distraction. I poked my fingers for quite a number of times, luckily they didn't bleed..phew..But too bad the stitches turned out to be smaller and uglier than yesterday's one. :( but what is done cannot be undone. I can't just pull out all the threads right? So I ignored the thought and continued with my job.
Last night I complained that my fingers hurt due to prolonged holding of the tiny piece of cloth. And today I have figured out a good way to prevent this! I got a piece of paper and cut out a big hole at the middle, about the size of the fabric but smaller. Next I fasten the black fabric on the piece of paper using needles. In this case, I will be holding on to the big piece of paper while sewing instead of the tiny little black cloth. And my fingers will not get numb anymore! ^^
So i continued sewing. Occasionally I did watch the competition and cheer for our class people, especially Liz and Steph, because they are in Blackmore haha..And so I kept on sewing. I had to always stop and think carefully before poking in the needle as the process of sewing is irreversible. Actually it is reversible but it's very troublesome and tedious. I am so short of time so I have to be extremely careful as every mistake is a hazard to Rossi! I also asked for others' opinion and decided whether which way of sewing is the nicest.
With much difficulties, finally I finished sewing the stitches. The letter 'R' looks really like an 'R' and I am sure if you ask some kindergarten kids they definitely will know the answer. Haha..But I scrutinised and stared at it for quite a while, then I noticed it looks kind of weird. It is because some of the stitches are not of the same size. The ones I sewed last night were a bit bigger. Today's ones are nicer as they are smaller and more 'closely packed' to each other, making the letter look compact and solid. But because of the unevenness of thickness, the letter looks a bit weird. A bit only. Then I thought of sewing on some more stitches to the thinner ones but I later changed my mind as this will only make the whole thing look more messy. So I decided to just stick on to its original look. Sigh..Rossi's cloak is fated to look like this. Too bad I can't change its destiny. (what a perfect excuse - said myself. Haha)
I wanted to make a collar for the cloak, like those in old English movies, which the warriors look really cool and smart in. But the problem is, I cut out the fabric too small and there is not much 'margin' left on the top. Too bad so sad. I can't make a cool collar for Rossi's cloak but I can make a cutie one. So i folded down some part at the top and sewed using white thread as the lining of the collar. It is really tiny and looks mismatched, I must say. But no choice..sigh. Actually it looks kinda cute if you look at it from the art perspective. (what a perfect excuse - said myself again. Haha not funny)
At first I thought of sewing on two ribbons so that we can tie the cloak around Rossi's neck. But I could not find any black ribbons and I am NOT going to cut anything from my clothes anymore! So from the remaining fabrics, I just cut out two long strips and sewed them on near the collar. Then I suddenly realised that I don't have the measurements of Rossi's neck! Never mind I will ask Vitoria for it today.
And for the finishing touches, I got this tiny golden bell from a keychain. After I have got Rossi's neck measurement and sewn the tiny strap of the cloak, I am going to add on this cutie-sized bell in the middle of the strap - bright yellow letter on black fabric with white-lined collar plus a shiny golden bell - isn't this cool? Rossi must be so excited!
So I am done with Rossi's cloak, right before swim meet ended, and I even have the chance to watch the synchronised swimming performance! I feel so satisfied, so good! Yay! I am just going to bring my sewing kit to school tomorrow in case of any 'clothing emergency', broken strap or whatever. I really can't believe tomorrow is the competition! I wonder how is our dear Rossi doing? Well I guess he must be busy training for his run now. Go Rossi! Everything is going to be fine ^^ Good luck. We love you <3
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home